Victoria Plumb is unequivocally committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to its website.
This policy statement is designed to give a clear explanation of how Victoria Plumb aggregates caches and applies personal data about you when browsing (www.victoriaplumb.com), shopping with us or otherwise providing your personal data to us.
By definition, personal Information includes any recorded information that identifies you personally which is inclusive of things such as your name, address or email address.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We ask for your personal information when you make an online purchase, register with Victoria Plumb, sign up for promotions, offers or competitions, or to receive news, or when you fill in the personal details section of 'Your Basket' to make a purchase.
The web server also collects sessions pertaining to every visitor, including average time on site, top visited pages and IP address.
Our main technology partners
Data is collected in the shop using web analysis tools in order to maintain and improve our website. A brief synopsis of what they do is found below. We ensure that any third party service we utilise complies with strict data protection standards. If you have any more questions, please do contact us and we will be happy to help.
DC Storm provides us with our web performance, measurement, analysis and reporting - this means detailed information on things such as, how many landings a particular page has received or the revenue generated by different advertising mediums.
Google Analytics let’s our team measure sales and conversion as well as better understand customer behaviour on our website. This includes measurement of things such as the split between new visitors as opposed to returning visitors and the length of time visitors spend on particular pages.
WHAT WILL WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Improving our products and services
- Processing your order
- For registration purposes if you open an account
- Internal record keeping
- Sending promotional emails from Victoria Plumb and other Walker Group companies about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. The Walker Group companies include Victoria Plumb, MFI, Land of Leather and Focus Do-It-All
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we work closely with online security providers such as VeriSign, SagePay and GetSafeOnline to provide a safe and secure online shopping environment, for more information please visit our Online Security page.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your PC, phone or other web enabled device when you visit the Victoria Plumb website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
Cookies are an essential part of how our site works. Some of these cookies are required by our site to enable you to transact whilst other cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience.
By using our site, you also consent to the use of these cookies. Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
- To allow you to securely sign in to your Victoria Plumb Account, so that you can use "My Account" features such as order information, making payments and receive on-site offers.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the website that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. We use this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- To distribute visitors to our site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. They do not contain any information which could personally identify you and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
Can I turn off cookies?
To withdraw your consent, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer's hard drive. For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar.
Our use of advertisement tracking
We also allow selected third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site. We currently use two companies for this and you can see their privacy policies at the following addresses:
These cookies are as safe as the ones used whilst you browse our site and neither of these third parties collects any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of third parties or other websites.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to change your mind at any time regarding personal information for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details specified below.
Victoria Plum Ltd
Sutton Fields Industrial Estate
0844 804 45 45
However, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we have sent to you.