Victoria Plumb ("We") are unequivocally committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to our website, www.victoriaplumb.com ("Website")
This policy (together with our terms and conditions) is designed to give a clear explanation of how Victoria Plumb aggregates, caches and processes personal data that we collect from you when you visit our Website, or when you otherwise provide your personal data to us. By visiting our Website you are accepting and consenting to the practices set out in this policy.
By definition, personal information includes any recorded information that identifies you personally which is inclusive of things such as your name, address or email address.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), the data controller is Victoria Plum Limited, Bridgehead Business Park, Hessle. Hull, HU13 0DG.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will ask for your personal information when you fill in any forms on our Website or when your correspond with us via email, phone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you make an online purchase, register with Victoria Plumb, sign up for promotions, offers or competitions, or to receive news, or when you fill in the personal details section of "Your Basket" to make a purchase and if you report a problem with our Website. This information may include your name, address, email address, phone number and financial and credit card information.
The web server also automatically collects certain information pertaining to every visitor, including:
- Technical information such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address, any login information, browser type and version and operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit such as products viewed and searched for, the average time on site, top visited pages and page response times.
WHAT WILL WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To improve our products and services and notify you about any changes to our service.
- To process your order and carry out our obligations arising from the contract entered into between you and us to provide you with the products and services you request from us.
- For registration and internal record keeping purposes if you open an account.
- To administer our website and for internal operations, such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical and survey purposes.
- To help keep the wesite safe and secure.
- To send promotional emails from Victoria Plumb and other Walker Group companies about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. The Walker Group companies include Victoria Plumb, MFI, Land of Leather and Focus Do-It-All.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post. We may use the information to customise our Website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we work closely with online security providers such as VeriSign, SagePay and GetSafeOnline to provide a safe and secure online shopping environment, for more information please visit our Online Security page.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the maintenance, improvement and optimisation of our website. We ensure that any third party service we utilise complies with strict data protection standards. A brief synopsis of what these tools do is found below:
DC Storm provides us with our web performance, measurement, analysis and reporting - this means detailed information on things such as how many landings a particular page has received or the revenue generated by different advertising mediums.
- Google Analytics helps our team measure sales and conversion as well as better understand customer behaviour on our website. This includes measurement of things such as the split between new visitors as opposed to returning visitors and the length of time visitors spend on particular pages.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Victoria Plumb or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Victoria Plumb our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your PC, phone or other web enabled device when you visit our Website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
Cookies are an essential part of how our Website works. Some of these cookies are required by our site to enable you to transact whilst other cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience.
By using our Website, you also consent to the use of these cookies. Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
- To allow you to securely sign in to your Victoria Plumb account, so that you can use "My Account" features such as order information, making payments and receiving on-site offers.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the Website that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. We use this information to help make the Website more user friendly, develop our site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide. The information may be provided to other Walker Group companies and/or the third parties referenced in the "Disclosure of Your Information" section above.
- To personalise our Website content for you.
- To distribute visitors to our site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. They do not contain any information which could personally identify you and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
Can I turn off cookies?
To withdraw your consent, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer's hard drive. For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar.
Our use of advertisement tracking
We also allow selected third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site. We currently use two companies for this and you can see their privacy policies at the following addresses:
These cookies are as safe as the ones used whilst you browse our site and neither of these third parties collects any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of third parties or other websites.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
- The right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and the right to change your mind at any time regarding your consent to processing of personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Victoria Plum Ltd
Bridgehead Business Park
0344 804 48 48
However, if you wish to unsubscribe from email marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email newsletter we have sent to you.
From time to time our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites please note that these website have their own individual privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these privacy policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our latest promotions, competitions & latest news